All PREMET C / LS / XL / XLMS cylinder pressure indicators are supplied with the powerful WPREMET software that enables users to display and compare measurement data using several different diagrams e.g. p/alpha, p/V etc.
The software simplifies combustion analysis and highlights pressure changes in the cylinders, paving the way for condition based maintenance (CBM).
The WPREMET software enables the user to
- receive and store measured PREMET data on an IBM compatible PC or notebook, running on Windows 9x,NT,2000,XP or Vista
- present measured values either as colour diagrams or as data tables
- print single or multiple graphs
- compress data to quickly send files by email or satellite to the main office
- create engine specific SETUP files
- add extended engine data e.g. turbo charger speed, exhaust gas temp.
- correct an incorrectly adjusted TDC sensor or other errors caused by crank shaft deflection
Sample WPREMET diagrams:
Mean Indicated Pressure (MIP)
p/alpha 3D diagram
p/alpha with reference cylinder
PREMET Performance Analyser (PPA)
The extended PREMET software boasts all the functions of the WPREMET software plus more database-based options e.g. Performance Diagram, Trend Function and a “Fast Performance View”, where the most important values are displayed immediately after measurement in pre-defined green, yellow and red areas.
The software can handle up to 100 ships with up to eight engines each and an unlimited number of measurements for every engine in only one database. Data sent from the ship(s) by e-mail can also be imported into the database automatically.
Using a local area network “LAN” the database can be accessed by multiple users at the same time if required.
The PPA Software is continuously updated with new features resulting from customer feedback. Updates are provided free of charge.
All measured data can also be transferred into the engine monitoring system if requested.
Sample PREMET Performance Analyser diagrams:
Pressure rise vs. crank angle
Engine performance diagram
Alarm set up
LEMAG Performance Analysis
LEHMANN & MICHELS can also offer support with the management and analysis of measurement data, e.g. professional data analysis, external performance control management, automatic receipt of data on the LEMAG file server or management of fleet data.
The scope of a standard PREMET measurement
- Analysis of the cylinder pressures of all cylinders
- Verification and if required correction of the dynamic TDC position
- Graphical explanation of operational relevant parameters
- Evaluation of combustion timing under consideration of the p-alpha pressure traces
- Considerations in regards of wear detection
- Considerations in regards of performance optimisation / adjustments of engine settings
Any additional information about recent adjustments, repairs or damages as well as detailed fuel analysis reports is taken into consideration if available, as well as historical data from former evaluations of the same vessel.